Wednesday 26 May 2010

Me and Flash don't get along.


The Ultimate Pixar Quiz by ~JonnySedarati on deviantART


Although I'm only uploading this now I finished it a while ago or so I thought. Now I've found the time to upload it I have noticed that it wasn't exactly working how it should. Typically like most things it runs perfectly fine on my own computer but when I tested it on other computers it was causing me lots of problems particularly in relation to the audio and video I had included in the quiz.

Flash really is an awkward program, that has frustrated not only me but pretty much everyone on the course that I have asked about it. At first I had simply imported the video into the quiz and it was workin fine straight away but when testing it on other computers the videos wouldn't play but the audio would, even though I had made sure all the video files were in the same folder as the quiz file. So after trying find a way to fix this it seemed the only way I was going to make it work was to use URLs so that the video files would load from the web. After the long process of uploading all the video files to a host website to acquire the URLs I had managed to make it work. However, I initially just tested the quiz on my friends laptop but when I went to test it at the Waverley it wasn't working again! Frustrated I thought I might as well try to upload it to Deviant Art to see if there was a chance it would work there and surprisingly it did however now the audio wouldn't play. So after banging my head against a wall for a good ten minutes I decided to just link it my blod anyway as it is still fully functional apart from the sound clip which isn't integral to the quiz.

P.S Flash is awful, fix it Adobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment