Monday 24 May 2010

First Ever Animation Is Complete.

Welcome... from Jonny Sedarati on Vimeo.



I am relatively happy with what I have created although looking back now I can see lots of things I could improve and I will surely show this in future projects.

My basic idea was that I wanted to create a villains lair but that idea quickly changed when I watched the movie Kick Ass. I really enjoyed that movie and decided that I would create a hero's hideout.

So, in the movie Kick Ass the superhero's don't actually have super powers so I decided to create some hand to hand combat style weapons in my lair as well making my weapons room my hero's training room. I didn't want to just fill it with guns because I thought a lot of other students might do this. I also wanted to have an entertainment room which includes a huge television, sofa, Super Nintendo games console and a book shelf full of comic books, graphic novels and other fun books, oh and Matrix wallpaper because who wouldn't want that?

Downstairs I created a musical bedroom complete with guitars, amplifiers and a desk/bed complete with laptop, dual screens and Pixar lamp! This room was more a reflection of my personal interests and what I would like to have in a room designed by me.

For my final room I wanted to create something a little more sinister but I needed a reason for why my hero would be like that. So I decided my hero was going to be comparable to the character Dexter in the famous television show entitled 'Dexter'. What I mean by this is that although Dexter does some good he is also a serial killer an that is how I wanted my hero to appear. On the surface an honourable hero like that of Kick Ass but with an evil side like that of Dexter so I created a torture chamber and had a lot of fun designing this room, I hope that isn't too strange.

To conclude I have really enjoyed this project, it has been my favourite project of the whole year and has definately convinced me to continue working in 3D next year by choosing the Virtual Environments Pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment