Sunday 31 October 2010

GameCity5 Ends

Yes, the last day of the the festival has passed and although I have enjoyed the festival immensely I am glad to be relieved of my duties so I can assign my attention to other things (and not have to wake up at 7:00am anymore!).

The friday night was great as I got to visit a small bar I'd never heard of called Nihon which was really cool. I met some great people and even got a t-shirt as there were two designers printing t-shirt designs on the upper floor of the bar. After this me and some other GameCity staff headed back to the Tent to join in with the Crysis 2 tournament that had been arranged. The top prize for winning was a trip to Frankfurt to visit Crytek studios. Unfortuantely I didn't win but I did win a t-shirt for being the top player on my team in the first round. I also got to talk to the crytek employees that were managing the event and acquired one of their e-mail addresses.

Saturday was the final day of the festival and we were celebrating Mario's 25th anniversary by having a huge party with lots of great games, prizes and of course...cake! Mario and luigi were even there to party with everybody, have a dance, and pose for photographs. There was also a costume party with the winner being awarded a special edition Wii console. We ended the day with a steward meeting where everybody who had helped out through the week was duly thanked for all their hard work. All the stewards had a photograph together and then wrote their contact details down in order to be contacted for future projects.

The festival was a great experience and I will definately consider applying to work next year. I have met a lot of great people, played some fun games and acquired some valuable experience.

I've posted a few more photos below from the party on the Saturday.










No comments:

Post a Comment